Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I created a LOT of layouts during a local 'play date' with my crafty friends!


I took my Anthology products to a local crop hosted by scrappy friends about 10 days ago. The layout above was one of my first ANTHOLOGY projects which I completed a few weeks ago, and along with the layouts below, make up the AUGUST LAYOUT KIT.  The following layouts were created during the crafting play date.  They are all available here:             
               http://www.myanthology.com/monthly-kits/august-kits/august-layout-kit.html
  Each kit comes with a 'Recipe Card', to guide us to completing a beautiful project, and tips that help us complete them (as Lisa says) "whether we have NO time, SOME time or CREATIVE time" to scrapbook.  Here are the AUGUST Layout Kit Recipe Cards: 
     This kit contains all the materials necessary to create EIGHT 2-page layouts, or 16 individual pages.  Our kits even include foam adhesive squares for giving your elements a pop of dimension.
        
I often want to use more photos, photos of differing orientations, or larger photos than those in the Recipe Cards.  I made this Family Time layout a focus on the fall play & chores that Wesley has taken part of over many, many years. As soon as I looked at the layout kit I knew I wanted to create something that involved our fall colors.  I love creating layouts or mini albums that show progression, growth, and evolution of our family members.
When I was in high school, I adopted the Halloween option of dressing as members of KISS, partly due to the fact that the makeup was fairly simple and easy to recreate. I think I adopted the idea from my brother, seen here.
While trying to decide which event, time or people to document with the Simple & Happy Days, I remembered photos of our family members and friends working with the Gladiolas we used to grow and sell.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find some specific photos I was excited to use with this kit, but was able to once again document things that I have done with my brother.
     Our funny, goofy, adorable son, now nearly 12 years old, has provided me with TREMENDOUS numbers of photo opportunities over the years!  These photos make me laugh and/or just plain smile and appreciate him all the more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. Hopefully you get some useful information or at least something to smile about, possibly brightening your day a bit!
I will try to respond to your comments as soon as possible.