Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

My first shabby chic mirror....

     Over the years my design preferences have evolved into something rather eclectic: from rustic to shabby chic/victorian.
     After seeing some beautiful altered mirrors online, I was inspired to scour my little town for something to work on.  I found the mirror at Wal-Mart, and also bought some more lace, flowers, & other goodies in shades of white and cream to add to my stash of products I already planned to use.
     This is my first attempt at using a fair amount of Mod Podge on a project.  Several layers of white/cream paints, ribbons, straight pins with beads added, a Prima flourish, flowers and lace, and this is what I created.


     Several of the flowers are made from paper, either from my 3 Birds kits, or on my own after practicing with the 3 Birds flower kits.
      It hangs in my scrap 'studio', on an unfinished wall, but wow, does it look nice.  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. Hopefully you get some useful information or at least something to smile about, possibly brightening your day a bit!
I will try to respond to your comments as soon as possible.